Sunday 1 November 2015

Just Chill, for God's Sake.

Is it only me, or has anyone else noticed how aggressive the average guy, and gal, is getting over the most ridiculous things.

For example, during mid-evening traffic, a guy with a car full of kids over-took me and a standing line of traffic, to get onto an already jammed round-about. The car was at least ten years old and showed the scars of past scrapes. The guy dived towards a gap that was far too small for him and came up short, cut off by a gold Volvo.

The guy driving like a complete nob might have had a sick kid in the car, or some other emergency, but I doubted it. Anyway, I sat there and watched as he tried to force his way in but the Volvo inched the gap closed a bit more. Finally the car scraped through and the Volvo driver let fly with a salvo on his horn. 

This is where things got baffling, the red car, in such a frantic hurry seconds ago, braked, and backed up! Go figure? Anyway, the window came down, and about a minute of abuse was yelled in the general direction of the gold Volvo, before a finger was flipped and the battered red car screamed away, wobbling on balding tyres. 


Road rage is one thing, but what about pizza rage?

The other night I witnessed a group of middle aged men and women, sitting drinking in a hotel bar. One woman picked up her phone and ordered a Domino's pizza to be delivered. When it arrived, a member of staff told the woman that takeaway food couldn't be consumed in the public areas of the hotel, who by the way were serving food. The woman, and whole group, exploded in righteous indignation, yelling that they had every right to eat what they wanted anywhere they wanted. Instead of eating the Pizza in their rooms and returning to the bar later, they angrily sat there, watching it go cold and trying to sneak pieces when they thought nobody was looking. 

Just two examples out of thousands that I have witnessed. 

Now, I'm the first to tell you that I'll argue for my rights, but is my whim, my right? Are bad manners taking over the world, or are these people just the tiny vocal minority? What do you think? Have you an example, or a story you'd like to share? I would love to hear it.

Squid

No comments:

Post a Comment